As a company, we are committed to sustainability and environmental stewardship. That commitment has led Knú Contract | La-Z-Boy Contract Furniture to establish several policies and seek specific certifications.
- All business and healthcare products meet the requirements for GREENGUARD Gold Certification – for healthier indoor air quality.
- All Knú Contract | La-Z-Boy Contract Furniture products meet the requirements for BIFMA level® 1 certification.
- All cardboard packing materials are 100% recyclable and use 33% recycled materials. Paper products used in our office and manufacturing facility are recycled.
- All foam padding used in seating products is 100% recyclable. Any unused foam is returned to the supplier to be recycled.
- We have fabric programs with the major industry fabric suppliers using recycled content.
- All our metal components are 100% recyclable material.
- We are a certified Title V company and are listed as a small quantity generator of VOC emissions. We meet and exceed all EPA standards for limiting hazardous air pollutants.
- Our coating materials are cured using UV lamps rather than conventional ovens, saving energy and natural resources.
- We use dust-collection systems that improve air quality and lowered dust emissions in our facilities.
- Paper products used in our office and manufacturing facility are recycled.
Knú Contract | La-Z-Boy Contract Furniture realizes that continuous improvement applies to all areas of our manufacturing, office, product, product design, and use of that product. We understand the concern for the environment does not begin or end in our facilities.
Knu Sustainability Report 2016
For more information, please review our Corporate Sustainability Policy.